With Texas sports betting likely still years away from legalization, many TX residents have turned to playing fantasy football to pass the time. While the draft gets most of the attention, picking a fantasy team name is quietly one of the most fun parts of the whole season.
If you need help sorting through the thousands of fantasy football names that are available online, we've got you covered. We scoured the internet and found the best team names for the 2023 NFL campaign. Here are over 130 names you can use to impress your fantasy league:
10 Best Fantasy Team Names 2023
Here are 10 names we think your fantasy league mates will love to use this season:
1. Trey Lance, Lance Refrigeration
We might not necessarily recommend drafting 49ers QB Trey Lance, considering he'll likely play behind Brock Purdy this season if all goes as planned. However, this is a team name worth drafting! This fantasy football team name is a shout-out to a recurring bit on NBC's hit show The Office, in which the character Bob Vance, owner of Vance Refrigeration (a refrigeration company located in the same building as Dunder Mifflin), always introduces himself as "Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration." The first time he introduced himself as such, character Ryan Howard replied dryly, "So, what kind of work are you in, Bob?"
2. Bijan Mustard
This fantasy football team name pays homage to two all-time greats — Bijan Robinson, the best running back prospect since Saquon Barkley, and dijon mustard, an all-time condiment. The similarities between "Bijan" and "dijon" aren't lost on Robinson either, having released his special-edition condiment brand, Bijan Mustardson. "It's like a touchdown in your mouth!," the website notes.
3. Pitts & Giggles
This fantasy football team name might fall un under the "NSFW" umbrella, but come on. Give it a try. Make your teammates laugh, just for [Kyle] Pitts and giggles!
4. How I Metcalf Your Mother
This fantasy football team name is a perfect cross-over between Seahawks WR D.K. Metcalf and the former hit TV show How I Met Your Mother. Just as Metcalf has dominated the Seahawks offense since drafted in 2019, How I Met Your Mother has dominated the airwaves since its debut in 2005 on through today, even though the series ended nearly 10 years ago.
5. Mojo Rojo Casa House
Cowboys RB Ronald Jones might be suspended for two games in the 2023 NFL season, but if there's one thing that's not suspended, it's our love for a good Barbie pun. As Ken scrambled to exert masculinity in this recent feature, he renamed Barbie's Dream House the "Mojo Dojo Casa House" — a house full of good vibes, fringe, unnecessary fur coats, and total man vibes. Now, your fantasy football team can exude similar good vibes with this state-of-the-art team name!
6. Red Solo Kupp
Remember the good ol' days? Back when you didn't carry the enormous stress of managing a fake football team? Back when you only cared about whether or not you had enough Red Solo cups to play a pong game? Yeah, those were the good ol' days! Once again, Rams WR Cooper Kupp can finish as the No. 1 WR in fantasy football, just as Red Solo cups will finish as the No. 1 party cup.
7. (Jonathan) Taylor's Version
Did you think we'd get through an entire fantasy football team name article without a Taylor Swift reference? Wrong. This fantasy football team name is perfect for the (likely) small population out there who loves a good Taylor Swift and fantasy football crossover. "Taylor's Version" refers to the series of albums that Swift re-recorded and released to own the rights to her music.
8. Ekeler? I Hardly Know Her.
Well, fine. You probably do know Austin Ekeler. To really appreciate this team name, you might need to say it out loud. With feeling! Any time a word ends in "er", we are contractually obligated as humans to add, "I hardly know her!" for comedic effect.
9. Drake London Calling
Is there anything better than when your love for fantasy football and The Clash combines... or, dare I say, clashes? Second-year WR Drake London could be looking out for a breakout season in 2023 alongside rookie RB Bijan Robinson and TE Kyle Pitts. Will it be as big a breakout as The Clash had with their 1979 hit London Calling? Only time will tell. Until it does, enjoy the fantasy football and punk rock crossover.
10. Never Cutting Charbs
Seahawks second-round pick rookie RB Zach Charbonnet has a chance to make a name for himself this year as a feature in the offense alongside Kenneth Walker. Though you'll have the luxury to cut him based on his ninth-round average draft position, you probably won't want to once he steps on the field. In fantasy football, we don't cut Charbs. Just like we don't cut carbs. Why cut out the good things in life?
30 Funny Fantasy Football Team Names
Are fantasy football leagues really won and lost based on which members have funny team names? Probably not. But most players will want to craft a funny fantasy football name about their favorite players anyway. Here's a look at a few more:
- Moore Ragnarok (DJ Moore)
- Lockett Raccoon (Tyler Lockett)
- McLaurin F1 (Terry McLaurin)
- How I Metcalf Your Mother (DK Metcalf)
- Ertz, Wind & Fire (Zach Ertz)
- Kelce Grammar (Travis Kelce)
- Run CMC (Christian McCaffery
- Amon-Us (Amon-Ra St. Brown)
- Bijan Mustard (Bijan Robinson)
- Calvin & the Chipmunks (Calvin Ridley)
- Judge Jeudy (Jerry Jeudy)
- Jahmyroquai (Jahmyr Gibbs)
- Taylor Made (Jonathan Taylor)
- Frost Mixon (Joe Mixon)
- The Bryce is Right (Bryce Young)
- Pitts Perfect (Kyle Pitts)
- Koo Let the Dogs Out (Younghoe Koo)
- Tony Pollard's Pro Scorer 3 (Tony Pollard fantasy football team names)
- Taylor Moon (Jonathan Taylor)
- Penny Stocks (Rashaad Penny)
- E.T.N. Phone Home (Travis Etienne)
- Aaron it Out (Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones)
- Kyler, the Creator (Kyler Murray)
- The Naj Mahal (Najee Harris)
- Catalina Wine Mixon (Joe Mixon)
- Just the Tua of Us (Tua Tagovailoa)
- Nacua Matata (Puka Nacua)
- Olave it When You Call Me Big Poppa (Chris Olave)
- Portsmouth Spartans (Detroit Lions)
- Cleveland Steamers (Cleveland Browns)
35 Good Fantasy Football Team Names
If you still haven't settled on a great team name for your fantasy football team, we've got plenty more ideas left. Here are some more fantasy football names to consider:
- Call of Jeudy (Jerry Jeudy)
- Hooked on a Thielen (Adam Thielen)
- Mama Mia, Jahmyr We Go Again (Jahmyr Gibbs)
- Mojo Rojo Casa House (Ronald Jones)
- Geno 911 (Geno Smith)
- Vanilla Bryce (Bryce Young)
- Tua Lipa (Tua Tagovailoa)
- I'm Sorry Ms. Jackson (Lamar Jackson)
- Tyreeky Blinders (Tyreek Hill)
- Carrdians of the Galaxy (Derek Carr)
- CeeDee Had a Little Lamb (CeeDee Lamb)
- Dalvin and the Chipmunks (Dalvin Cook)
- IBM Christian Watson (Christian Watson)
- Javonte Thrilliams (Javonte Williams)
- Too Many Cooks (Brandin Cooks)
- Slim Pickens (George Pickens)
- Justin Herbert: Fully Loaded (Justin Herbert)
- At the Carr Wash (Derek Carr)
- Kittle Big Town (George Kittle)
- The Mixon Administration (Joe Mixon)
- Goff Balls (Jared Goff)
- Whatchu Talking Bout Willis (Malik Willis)
- Dude, Where's Lamar? (Lamar Jackson)
- The Brady Bunch (Tom Brady)
- Amari Cooper Troopers (Amari Cooper)
- Charknado (DJ Chark)
- Zeke and Destroy (Ezekiel Elliott)
- Quon Solo (Saquon Barkley)
- Sherlock Mahomes (Patrick Mahomes)
- Bakes on a Plane (Baker Mayfield)
- Rudolph the Red Zone Reindeer (Kyle Rudolph)
- Kamara Shy (Alvin Kamara)
- Mingo Was His Name-O (Jonathan Mingo)
- Christian Mingo (Jonathan Mingo)
- Bijan With the Wind (Bijan Robinson)
20 Fun Fantasy Football Team Names
Sifting through fantasy football names is a necessary evil if you're trying to impress your league mates. And if you need help sifting through the best Texas sports betting promo codes, we can help as well. But in the meantime, here are some more name ideas for your fake football team:
- Addison Square Garden (Jordan Addison)
- Real Slim Brady (Tom Brady)
- Better Call Hall (Breece Hall)
- Fresh Prince of Helaire (Clyde Edwards-Helaire)
- Dude, Where's My Carr? (Derek Carr)
- Poppin' Charbonnet (Zach Charbonnet)
- Miller Time (Von Miller)
- Dalton Abbey (Dalton Kincaid)
- Trey Lance, Lance Refridgeration (Trey Lance)
- Red Solo Kupp (Cooper Kupp)
- Rachaad White & the 7 Dwards (Rachaad White)
- Waddle Vision (Jaylden Waddle)
- Hotel, Odell, Holiday Inn (Odell Beckham Jr.)
- Give Skyy Moore Reps (Skyy Moore)
- The Hurts Locker (Jalen Hurts)
- Sarah Jalen (Jalen Hurts)
- I Would Walk 500 Miles (Miles Sanders)
- JuJu on the Beat (Juju Smith Schuster)
- Christian Mingle (Christian McCaffrey)
- Post Mahomes (Patrick Mahomes)
10 Creative Fantasy Football Team Names
Still haven't found the right fantasy football team name? Trying to make sure you don't have the same name as the rest of your league mates? Whatever you need, the staff at BetTexas.com has you covered:
- Dakstreet's Back (Dak Prescott)
- Pitts Creek (Kyle Pitts)
- Turn Down for Watt (TJ Watt)
- Zeke Squad (Ezekiel Elliott)
- Bad Mother Tucker (Justin Tucker)
- Never Cutting Charbs (Zach Charbonnet)
- Breece's Pieces (Breece Hall)
- The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Breece (Breece Hall)
- Zay My Name (Zay Flowers)
- How I Kmet Your Mother (Cole Kmet)
10 Witty Fantasy Football Team Names
These team names are sure to get some chuckles from the rest of your league:
- Golladay Inn (Kenny Golladay)
- Stafford Infection (Matthew Stafford)
- Hey Darnold (Sam Darnold)
- Stairway to Evans (Mike Evans)
- Lance Lance Revolution (Trey Lance)
- Get Your Reek on (Tyreek Hill)
- Mahomes Improvement (Patrick Mahomes)
- 50 Shades of Trey (Trey Lance)
- The Adam's Family (Davante Adams)
- Seventh Evans (Mike Evans)
10 Inappropriate Fantasy Football Team Names
Want your team name to get a reaction from your league mates? This is the section for you.
- Kissin' Cousins (Kirk Cousins)
- CeeDeez TDs (CeeDee Lamb fantasy football team names)
- Hot Chubb Time Machine (Nick Chubb)
- Fournettication (Leonard Fournette)
- My Neck, My Dak (Dak Prescott)
- Kamara Sutra (Alvin Kamara)
- Half Chubb (Nick Chubb)
- Your Team Sucks Boutte (Kayshon Boutte)
- Victorious Secret
- Blown Coverage
5 NSFW Fantasy Team Names
If you choose this fantasy team name, we recommend you don't use it in your work league.
- Tua Girls One Kupp (Tua Tagovailoa & Cooper Kupp)
- Pitts & Giggles (Kyle Pitts)
- Joevid-19 (Joe Burrow)
- Deep Balls
- Baby Got Dak (Dak Prescott)
Tips for Picking the Best Fantasy Football Team Name
There are no hard-and-fast rules for picking a funny fantasy football name, but we can offer some general advice. Here are some ways to ensure you land on a funny fantasy football team name:
Pick Your Favorite Players
It's your team. And your primary concern should be finding a name that works for you. And coming up with a punny name about one of your favorite players is usually a surefire way to land on a unique team name. Generally, big-name guys like Josh Allen, Tee Higgins, Russell Wilson, and Derrick Henry tend to work best for these player names.
Do Your Research
The winning team tends to do a ton of work in preparation for their fantasy draft. But picking your fantasy league's favorite team name might require some research too. Obviously, checking out all of the fantasy football names in this article is a great start, but there are plenty of other resources on the internet as well.
Try a Fantasy Team Name Generator
If all else fails, it can't hurt to try out a fantasy football team name generator. These fantasy team name generators can spit out some pretty ridiculous results, but there's always a chance you get lucky. After all, it worked for Donald Glover, who settled on the artist name "Childish Gambino" after using a Wu Tang name generator that he found online.
Final Thoughts on Fantasy Football Team Names
By now you should've found the proverbial end zone and settled on a funny fantasy football team name. We can't guarantee you a first place finish, but we can promise you that you'll get some chuckles out of your league mates.
Be sure to check back with BetTexas.com once the rest of the Texas betting apps launch in The Lone Star State.
Fantasy Football Team Names FAQ
Yes, players can change their fantasy team names whenever they want. There is no real downside to making the change, other than possibly confusing your league mates about whose team is whose.
There are the usual suspects, like Hot Chubb Time Machine, the Brady Bunch, or Red Zone Reindeer. We also recommend players come up with their own team names with puns on star players, like Aaron Jones, Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.
The best names are usually puns off star player names, like Dakstreet boys. Patrick Mahomes, or Aaron Rodgers are often used to create these names. Of course, running backs like Derrick Henry are always a good way to go as well.
Kerryon My Wayward Son was a classic, but with Kerryon Johnson out of the league, you might have to go a different direction. Joe Buck is usually a good name to start from, but plenty of people use Daniel Jones as inspiration as well.
It depends what platform your league is held on. Every platform has different steps, but generally you'll just have to go into your team or league settings and change it from that interface.
Staff writers for BetTexas.com.